It's been eons since I've been able to offer a giveaway on Go Retro, so I was excited and grateful when a company named Be Retro (a soul sister to Go Retro if I ever heard of one) reached out to me about offering up a giveaway item to my readers and followers.
Be Retro has been in business since 2008, and they make a groovy selection of retro bowling shirts for men, or all you cool daddy-os out there. You've seen this shirt pop up on popular TV series such as The Sopranos and Two and a Half Men. I am surprised that it never made an appearance on Mad Men from what I can remember, but even if Don Draper never actually sported one on the show, trust me: you're going to feel like Don Draper wearing this shirt!
And HEY ladies -- enter this giveaway, too, for the cool guy in your life you know would love this shirt...your boyfriend, husband, brother, friend, dad, gynecologist (OK, maybe not him), etc.
What's great about these shirts (besides that fact I think they're sexy) is they're made of machine washable, easy care fabrics including polyester, rayon, and peachskin -- so if you spill anything on it, no worries, dude. Just toss it in the washing machine. I also love the fact that all Be Retro shirts are made here in the USA, a business practice that is near and dear to my heart.
Be Retro asked me to choose a style to give away to one lucky winner. Because we're headed into fall and because not every man is fond of bright, contrasting colors, I'm going with the Houndstooth Rockabilly Lounge Shirt. This shirt is made of rayon gabardine (65% polyester and 35% rayon) and features two tones of brown, one being the snazzy subtle houndstooth pattern on the front. There are two chest pockets and as mentioned, the shirt is machine washable.
(Note: although several of the shirt sizes are currently sold out, Be Retro has assured me that they are coming back in stock, so don't be alarmed if the page doesn't have your size.)
Want to win one of these puppies so you can Mad Men-ize your wardrobe a bit? Here are the rules (don't worry; they're easy):
1. You must "like" the Go Retro Facebook page if you haven't already done so and live in the U.S. Your Facebook profile should be legit; not a made-up name or fake profile.
2. Head on over to Go Retro's Facebook page and look for the pinned post featuring the giveaway at the top of the page (or just access it here.)
3. Leave a comment on the post before Monday, Sep. 21 at 12 noon EST...you can say any ol' thing; I don't care (as long as it's not too dirty!) Feel free to share the giveaway, too.
4. I will choose a winner on Monday after 12 noon via WooBox, a cool social media contest app. The winner will be announced on the Go Retro Facebook page. They will email me with their shirt size and mailing address and Be Retro will ship the shirt directly to you.
5. Get ready to be the coolest cat in your neighborhood sporting your new shirt and mixing up martinis!