I'm trying something a little different before we get back to the retro-related posts, and I hope my readers will hear me out and rea...
Thursday, November 26, 2009
- Much to Be Grateful For
Much to Be Grateful For
Posted By Pam@GoRetro On Thursday, November 26, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving from GoRetro to all of my readers, both regular (now 41 and counting - whoo hoo!) and new ones! For those in the U.S. who celebrate this holiday, may you all find plenty of things to be grateful for this holiday...and if you don't celebrate, may you still have a lot to be thankful for. I know I do. I decided to post a quick list of the many things I am grateful for in my life...
* My health. I've never had to have an operation, have never even broken a bone, or had to stay in the hospital for any tests or for an extended amount of time. I'm extremely fortunate to have enjoyed tremendous health and a complete body that works well for me. I thank it by eating healthy food, drinking water, exercising regularly, not smoking, and getting plenty of sleep. And, I'm grateful for happy mental health, too.
* My family. Although I could never be best friends with certain members I'm lucky to have a family that is basically supportive and to spend the holidays with.
* My friends. Ahhhh...friends truly are God's way of apologizing for your relatives. In the past 18 months I've attracted several good friends who are supportive and non-judgemental into my life, in addition to my old friends. All are worth more than their weight in gold.
* My job. I know I'm beyond lucky to have a paying, full-time job with benefits in this economy, and most of the time I'm doing fun marketing projects that I enjoy.
* My writing. I'm grateful that I have a hobby I'm passionate about that feels like it's improving day by day, and that has helped me earn a little extra dough. I've been able to publish a few articles through Helium.com this year and last year (if you're an inspiring writer, check the site out.) That little bit of extra money once in a while is like manna to me. But more importantly, I'm grateful for a working creative mind that helps me put the right words into the right sequences of sentences and paragraphs to communicate effectively.
* My cat. Life just wouldn't be the same without animals.
* This blog, and the never ending chasm of vintage pop culture topics to talk about. Needless to say, I'm grateful to you readers out there who pop in from time to time and leave comments.
I could go on and on waxing sappy poetic, but you get the idea. Have a wonderful and safe holiday.